Alberta’s Information and Privacy Commissioner, Jill Clayton, and British Columbia’s Information and Privacy Commissioner, Elizabeth Denham, will co-host the 7th Annual PIPA Conference to be held in Calgary, Alberta on November 1-2, 2012, at the Deerfoot Inn.
The theme of this year’s PIPA Conference is “Privacy on the Go” and will feature practical, real-world problems and solutions. Over 40 privacy experts will provide tools and tips for keeping pace with the rapidly expanding challenges to meeting privacy compliance in the fast-paced world of business.
This one-of-a-kind conference, while geared toward private sector privacy issues and trends, will appeal broadly to private sector businesses, non-profits, governments and health custodians alike given its array of topics on current privacy challenges.
This year’s agenda has a great line-up of case studies, plenary speakers, and expert-led sessions. Following are some highlights of the sessions featured:
- Big Data – What it is, what it is not and what it could be
- The Growing Importance and Irrelevance of Data Protection Law
- Mobile Devices – The data has left the building
- Social Media – The not-so-secret life of a Privacy Officer
- Getting it Right with a Privacy Management Program
- Employment Screening and Criminal Record Checks
- New Privacy Challenges for e-marketing